Day 152 - June 1, 2010

>> Wednesday, June 9, 2010

[Chester Cricket] began to chirp to ease his feelings. He found that it helped somehow if you sang your sadness. - The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden

Will sadness visit me today? How will I respond? Maybe I'll try something I've never done before. Maybe I'll find myself a solitary place and quietly hum my sadness. Or - what the heck - maybe just belt it out. If it helps, I won't ask why. If it works, it works. Hey, if it's good enough for Chester Cricket ...

Yes, I was sad today.

I almost feel like that was the objective of the person who made me upset, because he did it so well. I don't really think it was, but..

I talked to someone today who made me mad and sad. Anger took over during some parts of the conversation, so I may have used that as a way to not be sad, which was probably not a good thing.

But I can't take it back and I wouldn't, because I meant what I said.

Another way to cope with sadness is to sleep, so I'm going to try to do that.

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP