Day 123 - May 3, 2010

>> Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Up cheerup I'm up / Let me be the first to greet the light / First cheerily first / Hello day, good-bye night. - "Robin," Fireflies at Midnight by Marilyn Singer

Have I ever experienced the simple joy of hearing birds sing before I open my eyes in the morning? Or do I awaken each day to the noise of alarm clocks, TVs, and people-chatter? One of these nights I'll go to bed earlier than usual. I'll leave a window open. At least once in my life, I'm going to wake up to birdsong.

I walked to my final today with birdsong in the background. One day this week, I will do this. Maybe one day this week I will get up (or stay up?) to watch the sunrise. For now, though, I'm going to sleep.

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP