Day 133 - May 13, 2010

>> Tuesday, May 18, 2010

...I'll bring your gifts - ribbons for your branches, buckets of water, and a wheelbarrow of mulch. - "Celebration" Old Elm Speaks: Tree Poems by Kristine O'Connell George

From day's dawning to spectacular sunset, I am daily the receiver of nature's gifts. Today I'll be the giver. I'll tie a ribbon to my favorite tree or plant.

I couldn't actually tie any ribbons today, but I took care of two flowers that mean a lot to me.

I got home today (finally!) and my mom and I made sure that my flowers were okay (from the 5-hour drive they made without me).

The first flower is the one I got on BTI day, a white rose (obviously) that I just really wanted to keep intact. It's dried by now so I didn't know if it would survive the travels, but it did.

The one I was really worried about, though, is one I got at pass downs. I've only had it for a while but it means so much to me. It's a glass flower, with a green stem and turquoise petals, and I was told that it represents ΘΧΕ and ΔΟΠ together.
I've also been told that the relationship isn't what it used to be and isn't what it should be. I'm terrified that the glass will break, and if I need to move it, I carry it as carefully as if the relationship is actually based on this flower.

It's a beautiful flower, and I treat it the way I think we should be treating our brothers and sisters: caring for it, protecting it, and loving it.

I want every Delta Pi to love every Theta Chi as much as I already do, and I want every Theta Chi to feel the same about every Delta Pi.

We can work together as well as green and turquoise go together (which is pretty darn well - best two colors ever), and I hope that we always do.

Right now, the glass flower is safe with me. Love you brothers and sisters <3

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP