Day 143 - May 23, 2010

>> Monday, May 24, 2010

"Forever and always," I said, "no matter what happens, we'll be best friends." - Stepping on the Cracks by Mary Downing Hahn

I wonder if I'll use the word forever today. If I feel it coming on, I won't stop it; I'll let it out. I understand that many Forevers in fact don't last forever. Big deal. I'll express how I feel now and let Forever take care of itself.

'Til the clocks run out of time
'Til the stars refuse to shine
I will hear you when you call
And I'll catch you when you fall
'Til the rivers all run dry
And the sun falls from the sky
This much I know is true
My love is forever, for always, for you..

So. I don't think I used the word forever today. Unless I said something like, Hannah, this will take forever!! Which, whatever it was, it obviously didn't, since we're not still doing it now. I think, generally, if I say forever, I'm exaggerating about a length of time. I don't really think that's what they're saying today.

I think they mean (even though it's still technically a length of time) .. like, relationships with people. And how you think they're gonna last forever. The book says that they probably aren't, but that it's okay to say they will.

It's like I waited my whole life
For this one night
It's gon' be me, you, and the dance floor
'Cause we only got one night
Double your pleasure, double your fun
And dance forever-ever-ever
Forever-ever-ever
Forever-ever-ever
Forever

Chris Brown is not really going to dance forever. He would spontaneously combust. And nobody wants that!

Best friends forever, our love will last forever, etc.. Sometimes those things are true. I think Amanda and I will be best friends forever. It's already been practically forever for us. With infantile amnesia (the only thing I remember from psychology?), we probably don't even remember a time when we weren't in each others' lives. Well, Amanda might. Since she's slightly older.

It may not mean nothin' to y'all
But understand, nothin' was done for me
So I don't plan on stoppin' at all
I want this s**t forever mine, ever mine, ever mine

I've obviously never had a love last forever. Which, right now, I'm pretty thrilled about, because I'm only 19, and forever is a freakin' long time.

And you flash back to when we said forever and always
And it rains in your bedroom
Everything is wrong
It rains when you're here and it rains when you're gone
'Cause I was there when you said forever and always
You didn't mean it, baby.. 
You said forever and always

Now, I think I will go to bed. Forever!! Just kidding. I might read forever until I fall asleep. Maybe forever is relative, haha.  

Some are like water, some are like the heat
Some are a melody, some are the beat
Sooner or later, they'll all be gone
Why don't they stay young?
...
Youth is like diamonds in the sun
And diamonds are forever
So many adventures couldn't happen today
So many songs we forgot to play
So many dreams are swinging out of the blue
We let them come true
Forever young
I want to be forever young
Do you really want to live forever?
Forever, forever..

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP