Day 103 - April 13, 2010

>> Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Since Miss Hagerty appreciates beauty, I put a pansy in a bud vase in the corner of her tray. - A Corner of the Universe by Ann M. Martin

Many life lessons can be found in this simple gesture. Let's focus on just two: sensitivity and action. That is, (1) being aware of what others like and (2) acting on it.

Am I a kind, sensitive, giving person? Sometimes it's hard to know, because for much of my life these qualities have been assignments handed down from my parents: "Write a thank-you note to Aunt Sally." ... "Tell Grandma she looks nice in her new outfit." ... and so on. Today, if only to prove to myself that I can do it, I'll aim my sensitivity at someone and see what I come up with. Then I'll do something nice - without being told.

I really wish I had read today's page before 12:35am. Because then I could have done something nice!

Okay. A few comments.

  • The book that this quote is from is the book that I remember as the first book that made me cry. I don't remember what it was about, even, although I could pick it out of a line-up by its cover (There's the graphic designer in me, I suppose).
  • I was thinking that my parents never told me things like that, but then I realize.. yeah, they did. And I did them.
  • And about the previous blogs, I wrote them down on the day I was supposed to. Last night's was somewhat strange because I was very very very tired.
Something else that I thought of.. I did aim my sensitivity at someone today! Meredith asked me to help fill balloons with paint for the stress fair, so I attempted to help. They had to go get different balloons, though, and I then had to go to my study session, so I didn't end up being much help. I did try to help, though, and I think it was being pretty nice. And it came out well, too. I ended up with a lovely surprise when I got back to my room later :))

OH! I thought of a nice thing. I just wrote someone an anonymous note, and I'm going to go stick it on their door. It should hopefully make them smile, since I think they need it at the moment.

Handled it! Like a ninja. What. Up.

I'll try for some more nice things tomorrow, too. But for now, good night!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP