Day 110 - April 20, 2010

>> Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My advice to young poets is, "Look to your own lives." - A Fire In My Hands by Gary Soto

Today I am going to write a poem about myself, and there's only one place I need to turn to for research: little ol' fascinating me.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
My eyes are green,
And I like cool shoes.

I'm the Baby Pi,
And I freakin' rock.
When you see how crazy/sexy/cool I am,
It'll knock off your socks.

I'd rather go to sleep
Than study for my calculus test.
But if I don't, I might not pass,
So studying would be for the best.

My back hurts quite often,
Including right now.
I'd really love a massage
From someone who knows how.

When I'm in my room alone
In the middle of the day
I sing along to Pandora
While wasting time away.

I sleep with Stitch
and dance with myself
The boys want the goodies
But right now they're on the shelf.

The Goo Goo Dolls are singing
"Without You Here"
And I'm sitting here thinking
About you, my dear.

School is almost over
And I don't know what I'll do
Without all of my sisters
And, of course, you.

If you don't know what I'm saying,
Or if you're slightly confused,
Go to bed, don't worry about it,
Your ignorance will be excused.

I've got a Calculus test in just under 8 hours
So now studying's the plan.
Hopefully soon I'll be asleep;
What rhymes now? Renaissance man.

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP