Day 118 - April 28, 2010

>> Thursday, April 29, 2010

"You tried. All day. With a big heart. And that's what counts." - The Best Kid in the World by Peter H. Reynolds

Winning is overrated. Starting now, I'll repeat that to myself five times a day until it sinks in. Trophies and medals and blue ribbons are not the only signs of success. I can finish last in a race and still claim a victory that no trophy can express. What really counts is my effort, my heart. No one can truly defeat me without my permission.

A few things:

  • Why would I give someone permission to defeat me?
  • I finished last in pretty much every race I ran while on the track team, and I'm pretty sure my victory there was not dying while I ran.
  • I think I won today :)
Anyway. I pretty much won at life today. Just sayin. And it was pretty cool. I think I enjoyed it. But I didn't win a prize or anything. I just won happiness. And that's a good thing to have.

I've been awake too long, and I'm losing the battle against sleep. Which is okay! Winning it would be overrated.

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP