Day 108 - April 18, 2010

>> Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Look around," said Gabby. "It's a dump!" - The Messy Lot by Larry Dane Brimner

I live in a house, but I also live on a street, in a neighborhood. Maybe it doesn't look like a dump, but sometimes I'll see a soda can or a Cracker Jack box or an apple core on the sidewalk, and, of course, I just walk by - like everybody else. Maybe for just one day in the year I might not be everybody else. Maybe one day in the year I might walk the length of my one little block with a bag and pick up trash. Maybe today.

Well, first of all. Who eats Cracker Jacks anymore? And aren't apples biodegradable, or something like that?

I'm not really living on a street at the moment where I can do those things. And there isn't a lot of trash on the little pretend streets on campus. I'll clean my room, though.

I'll clean it tomorrow, though. Because tonight I'm going to sleep. Right now, actually.

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP