Day 104 - April 14, 2010

>> Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"Nobody believed the Titanic could sink.... That's why none of the passengers believed the ship was sinking, right up until the last minute, until it was too late." - White Star: A Dog on the Titanic by Marty Crisp

Today, like every day, I'll be bombarded by marketers promising me everything from clear skin to popularity. I'll begin by not believing everything they say. Then I'll test their claims against my own common sense and the experience of others. And finally I'll ask myself: Do I really need - or even want - this product?

We're talking about things like this in Mass Comm right now; we're on the advertising chapter. It's interesting, I think. We're also supposed to be media literate, so that is basically exactly what the task for today is.

The only time I had chance to be persuaded to buy anything was earlier tonight when I went to Abingdon with Annie. We went to Kroger with the intent of buying sunscreen - if you didn't know, I'm pretty pale. Okay, very extremely super pale. So I'll burn in like, 5 minutes. I wanted sunscreen, something salty, and juice. I got sunscreen, after comparing many different kinds. (Do you think 30 SPF is enough?!! ;)) I got Chex Mix for my salty requirement, and then instead of juice, I got knock-off Oreos. Mmmmm. I think that was a good choice.

If you put mint Oreos in the microwave for a little bit.. The inside will be melty and perfect. Oh my goodness. Typing it makes me want to do it. But I won't, for a few reasons. One, I don't have a plate out to put any on. Two, I really want to get to bed early tonight. Three, I don't need anything to eat. Four, I'm lazy. And five, I'm not wearing any pants. I'd have to get dressed. Fat chance of that happening.

The "marketers" probably want me to stay up and waste my life, but I will not listen, because I know that sleep is wonderful. Goodnight!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP