Day 95 - April 5, 2010

>> Tuesday, April 6, 2010

...I didn't know what to say so I wiggled my nose and made my bunny face and she laughed... - "Making Friends" In the Land of Words: New and Selected Poems by Eloise Greenfield

I'm not very good at bunny faces - and I'm too old for that, anyway - but I can do a killer [you supply the move]. Today I'll pick out a stranger and give it a try. A new friend may be only a killer move away.

"And yet our shyness with strangers often prevents friendship from ever gaining a foothold."

That's so interesting.

The strangers I come in contact with are generally prospective families, so I guess my insert here would be.. giving a tour, or something. Although I don't know. But I gave one today. So there are possible new friends, I suppose.

It's funny because it's hard to know when you can do something strange and it will make you a friend. What you can/should do really depends on who you're dealing with, and if you don't know them, it's really hard to judge what their reaction will be or whether or not you should make the first move.

My newest friend is only a dream away - I've been told to dream about getting dragons with a friend. So hopefully one of them is nice. We'll see! Goodnight!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP