Day 97 - April 7, 2010

>> Thursday, April 8, 2010

As Mrs. Del Rubio stamped the book, she said, "Remember to return it by April seventh." - Beverly Billingsly Borrows a Book by Alexander Stadler

 
Have I borrowed a book - or anything else - lately? If so, I'll make sure not only to return it but to return it on time. 

 
I am currently in possession of Annie's ruler. Which clearly, I should have returned, because on the walk back from Byars just now, it cut my finger open. Which I didn't notice until I used hand sanitizer. Yeah, just imagine that for a second, if you will. It hurt, quite a lot.

Much like my back does right now. Ohhhh man. It's a problem. I think it probably has something to do with the flip-flop situation that's been happening as of late.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try to not wear shoes at all. One Day Without Shoes. Because a lot of people don't get to wear shoes ever. And I've got like.. waaaay too many pairs of shoes, really. I feel like they might not let me into the cafeteria without shoes.. I don't quite know what to do about that.

  • In some developing nations, children must walk for miles to school, clean water and to seek medical help.
  • Cuts and sores on feet can lead to serious infection.
  • Often, children cannot attend school barefoot.
  • In Ethiopia, approximately one million people are suffering from Podoconiosis, a debilitating and disfiguring disease caused by walking barefoot in volcanic soil.
  • Podoconiosis is 100% preventable with basic foot hygiene and wearing shoes.

So there you go. Some facts for you, about why people all over are going barefoot April 8th.


Now I will return myself to my bed - the day has been borrowing me for much too long.

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP