Day 62 - March 3, 2010

>> Thursday, March 4, 2010

"I was constantly surrounded by chances to do wrong," [Jackie] said. "Success seemed a distant dream." - 50 American Heroes Every Kid Should Meet by Dennis Denenberg and Lorraine Roscoe

I want to succeed. But life won't necessarily make it easy for me. Chances to do wrong will tempt me. If one tempts me today, I will say "No."

The death of my sanity is imminent. Experts say it will be within the next 24 hours. I know this is hard for you to hear, especially since sanity is valued in this era. But as the Stoics say, I am only returning what I have been borrowing. It is time for my sanity to be returned, so I must return it and show no emotion about the return. It is not a loss, for it was never mine to begin with. Man, the Stoics were awesome.

I think this book has too much about saying no, not saying no, saying no again.. It just confuses me. Especially with the decline of my ability to reason today. I am even more confused than I might have been.

Yes, I do want to succeed. I want to finish this stupid yearbook and be done with it, before I chop off my own hand. Like the Covenant Code. Only, not really. Because that would mean I'd chopped someone else's hand off, and then.. they could chop off mine. Anyway. Can you tell I've had Foundations today? It appears to be the only thing that has stuck in my brain, besides, have to do stipple drawing, not going to finish, need to do 160 more pages of a 160 page yearbook (that's not completely true, we've done some pages. Actually a lot. But there are a lot left), maybe I should skip Web Design and work, am I going to get to sleep tonight? etc. So actually there are a lot of things stuck in my brain. None of them are very happy or optimistic or .. whatever the opposite of stressed is.

So I should either go to bed (which would be awesome) or do my art project (which would be beneficial to my grade).. Either way, I hope to succeed. In everything I have left to do.

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP