Day 74 - March 15, 2010

>> Tuesday, March 16, 2010

When I'm sad, my mother gives me fruit and a glass of milk. Then we talk. - Sly the Sleuth and the Food Mysteries by Donna Jo Napoli and Robert Furrow

I'll keep this in mind next time I feel a sadness or some other problem spilling over me. My ritual may be fruit, milk, and a talk with Mom - or it may be totally different. I will seek a familiar, comforting shape into which to pour my problem.

Who is getting sick of this? This is my 75th blog. Doesn't that seem excessive? I know most people get sick of their resolutions and quit within the first month or so.. It's taken me slightly longer, but I'm definitely tired of doing this, as you can probably tell from the way I've been reacting to the prompts. I haven't decided to quit, yet, though. Because I feel like that would be stupid and pointless. I can still do it, so I still should. I decided I was going to, so I should stick to it.

When I'm sad, what I do about it really depends on how I feel about it. If I want to continue to be sad, I'll listen to sad music (my sad music used to be John Mayer. Now I don't think I have anything specific) or watch a sad movie and just be by myself, sad. Perhaps with ice cream. (Phish Food is the best combination ever for sadness - chocolate and chocolate and caramel and chocolate..) If I don't want to be sad, I'll listen to upbeat/happy music (rap and hip hop is good for that; Kid Cudi is really great to feel good to) or exercise or do something fun with people. So it all depends.

Hey, look at that. I actually talked about what I was supposed to.

I told Brian about my entire Spring Break, and we have collectively decided that it could have been better. It wasn't bad or good; it could have been better. Sorry, Katherine. I know yours was awesome because you got to be with us (quote!), but you'll understand why mine wasn't spectacular, as you were there for the unspectacular parts of it. But I love you either way, so that's good.

Since it's 12:36am and I have 8am Calculus lab in the morning, I should probably get to sleep. Don't be sad, though! I'll be back tomorrow.

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP