Day 83 - March 24, 2010

>> Wednesday, March 24, 2010

If Houdini could hold his breath for five thousand seconds in his crate in the ocean, than Victor could certainly hold his breath for five thousand seconds in his tub in the bathroom. - The Houdini Box by Brian Selznick

It doesn't take Victor long to discover that he cannot match his role model, Houdini. Role models are good only if they are used correctly. ... What a role model can do is inspire you to spend the time and effort to achieve a goal of your own.

I will not try to become my role model. I will use my role model to try to become a better me.

First of all, five thousand seconds is more than an hour. How can anyone hold their breath that long?

Second of all, I'm not sure that I have a role model. Not like a celebrity or anything. Although, I do have a very good book called What Would Audrey Do? which tells me how to be like Audrey Hepburn in life situations. If I had to choose a role model, I always said that Audrey is who I would say, but I really don't know.

I do think that there are people I know who I would like to be like. Real people, though. I'd like to be as kind and genuine and amazing as my sister Elizabeth. I'd like to get as excited about things that make me happy as my sister Erin. I'd like to be as sweet as my sisters Tessa and Christina, and as fun-loving and ready for anything as my sisters Sierra and Melyssa. I'd love to be so cool that I can just do cartwheels anywhere and everywhere like my big sister Jess. I'd love to be as real and talented and beautiful as my grandbig Britt. I'd love to be fearless like my sisters Mary and Rachel, and as loving as my sisters Lindley and Samantha. I'd like to be tough like my sister Kaylee, and kind (and practically perfect) like my sister Katie. I'd like to be as fun as my sister Ashton and as self-assured as my sister Mary K. I'd like to be as good a person as my sisters Haley and Jessica C. I'd love to be as wonderful and thoughtful as my sister Libby. I would also love to be as caring and accepting as the sisters who I don't really know are to me. (I've never met Ashley, but I know she reads my blog and I'm sure she's amazing! :))

Yeah, so.. If you didn't already realize, I think my sisters are pretty awesome, so if I'd ever want to be like someone else, it would be them.

They help me to be a better me, not to be a clone of them. The better me is going to start studying now (it's only 8pm!), so thinking about how awesome they are must really help! ;)

1 comments:

ABC March 25, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

You're right, I do read your blog (and I'm glad that doesn't creep you out, because it helps me feel closer to my life back at E&H, which I have been missing like CRAZY recently!) and I am so flattered that you mentioned me in post with such wonderful things about such wonderful women!

I hope you will share what you have written about the sisters with them. Your words are beautiful, and I'm sure it would mean a lot to each of them to know how much you look up to them! And I agree with all of your statements about the sisters, especially those I was lucky enough to know while I was a student (Mary, Britt & Tessa were active when I was. I knew Samantha quite well before she pledged...I might have tried to persuade her to do so, but don't tell anyone...and I have absolutely loved all of the girls I have met since then!)

Delta Pi is so incredibly special, and I hope you will remember this post when it sometimes gets hard to love so many women unconditionally! You have a beautiful spirit, and I am privileged to read a little about you each day!

(and I'm sorry for being so sappy...like I said, I've really been missing E&H a lot in the past few weeks!)

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP