Day 88 - March 29, 2010

>> Tuesday, March 30, 2010

You can't take [words] back.... They sit there like big damp frogs. - Western Wind by Paula Fox

And those frogs croak all night long. You can't shut them up. You can hold your mouth open for the next ten years and they will not hop back in. Happily, there is one fool-proof protection against regretted word-frogs: Don't let them out in the first place.

Today, if I feel myself about to release a word I'll regret, I'll bite my frog.

This is one of the more disgusting metaphors I've heard. And today, I didn't say anything I'll regret. I try to not regret anything, anyway.

But sometimes words do come out that you don't mean to say, and you just have to hope that people forget about it or don't mention it, haha.

Keep your mouth shut while I go to sleep (after finally studying for my Calculus test, that is).

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP