Day 60 - March 1, 2010

>> Monday, March 1, 2010

"I have heard so many convincing doomsday predictions that I should have seen the world end at least six times in my lifetime." - Starbright and the Dream Eater by Joy Cowley

Naysayers and doomsdayers - what would we do without them? By telling us we are bound to fail, they inspire us to succeed. By telling us the world is a rotten place that's going to end tomorrow, they turn our attention to what's good and beautiful today. Call it social ecology: Like wasps, even "No" people have their place.

Tell me about it. I've already got "No" people in my life. Always complaining. Finding fault. Never satisfied. Always putting other people down, including me. One of these days I'm going to thank them for providing a public service.

First of all, I just want to point out the fact that I am such a girl. In fact, give me a minute while I run down the hall to tell somebody something. Hehehe. I'm currently in a good mood, thanks to some news that has made it apparent just how much of a girl I am. I'm singing and dancing and skipping. And knowing that I know what the "news" is, my reactions seem quite silly. But at the moment, I don't really care. :)

I copied the whole page today, because it had the thing about wasps having a place in the world. Emory's mascot is the wasp, so I found that fitting. I just wish it weren't so hard to say. Amanda and I were looking at the menu for the cafeteria, and some football guys came in and passed us. She said, "They're the Wasps, Katie!" Haha, yes. Because that's the school mascot. I was amused.

Someone just knocked on my door in mini-crisis mode, saying that she knows I'm an artist, do I possibly have a ruler? I did have a ruler. She said I'm an artist. :)

People that say I can't do something. (Trying to get on topic. It's difficult at the moment.) Yeah, they can suck it. Pardon me. But, they can. Sometimes I'm one of those people, though. I'm not always optimistic about what I'm going to get done. Right now, especially. I'm worried about this yearbook. Since all 160 pages need to be done before we leave for break. Which is Friday. Today is Monday. So you can understand my high stress levels at the moment. Luckily I've got things to make me happy, too. :)

And I will get it done. I'm crushing that pessimist that lives in my head, as much as possible. Yep. Confidence, Cohen.

I'm really distracted at the moment. And SO energetic. I could run a mile. But I won't. I've got Calculus homework to do. :) I'm even excited about that!

I hope this feeling lasts.

Goodniiiiiiiiiight :) :) - You can do it!

1 comments:

Anonymous March 2, 2010 at 2:30 AM  

<333 I miss you already! And I just read like..20 days of your blog. I will attempt to keep up with it now! :-(

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP