Day 10 - January 10, 2010

>> Monday, January 11, 2010

"The zoo is kid stuff," Miguel tells his sister. "I am a kid!" Juanita states. "And you're a kid, too." - How Tia Lola Came to Stay by Julia Alvarez

I'll be happy with the club I'm in today and not gripe about what I'm not yet allowed to do.

So today I'm back at school. Probably the only happyt thing about that is Jack, as I quite missed her.

By the way, I am writing this on the correct day, but as I do not have a computer, I am at the mercy of the library hours for when I type/post things.

Today's "I Will" involves sticking with the club you're in; which for me would be the Nineteen-Year-Old Club. I didn't really know how to go about doing anything with that. I may have even unintentionally gone against it. Because at church this morning, Scott and Bobby wanted me to come to Sunday school with them, though I didn't feel like I should. I thought I should stay at adult Sunday school, since I'm not technically in the youth group anymore. I'm still a kid, though! There should be a halfway house. I didn't try to go older, but younger. Which, I have a feeling that the writers of this book would be okay with.

I don't think they're saying, act your age. I think they're saying, don't try to be older than you are. Live happily at the age you are. Don't wish for 21, for example. Rock 19 while you got it. (I must say, I think I am rocking 19.)

What's crazy is that I will be 20 this year. And consequently, 21 next year. Which is doubly crazy.

I think I'll try to pack a bag for classes tomorrow (I should figure out where/what they are) and go to bed. It's only 10:30 and I'm crazy tired. Feels like it's 2am. Or something.

I'm going to bed happy that I can vote, play the lottery, and suffocate myself with tobacco; rather than going to bed wishing that I could drink. (Isn't that the next "freedom"?)

:)

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP