Day 12 - January 12, 2010

>> Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Don't be sad because you're small," said Mrs. Field. "Small creatures can do wonderful things." - Something Wonderful by Jenny Nimmo

Have I been assuming that I have an edge because I'm big - or a curse because I'm small? If so, today I'll scrap that junk and replace it with this: Do I really want the prize? Gumption gets it, not my size.

Okay, first I'll mention that I did have to look up "gumption" just now. It means: courage, initiative, spunk, agressiveness, resourcefulness, spunk, etc. And yes, I would suppose that those having those things would get you what you want, rather than your size.

Isn't the world tailored to different sizes anyway? With exceptions to very very tall and very very small. I'll acknowledge the lack of convenience for someone on either extreme. But if you can't reach something on the top shelf, there are ladders. I'm trying to think of a contrasting example for tall people, and if I know any, they are escaping me.

I like my height. I like being 5'8" point whatever. It's pretty great. I can reach things. I accept the fact that I have to duck sometimes. The book says if you're tall, "don't think your size is all you need." I wouldn't think that, either. Maybe that page (maybe the whole book) is written for children.

I don't really know why height matters much for the average person. Obviously a basketball player would benefit with a few extra inches, but normally, I don't think it really makes much of a difference.

In relationships it does, I think. Are women shorter because the pheromones come out of the top of our heads? Or is that a load of crap? I just found a Wikipedia article called "Heightism," which says that men like shorter women, and women like taller men. Both having to do with the bearing children thing. We must repopulate the earth, as you know. Women of below average height are more likely to be married and have children than women of above average height.

Good to know, right? Because we can change our height.

Oh, wait.


I'd want my husband to be taller than me, though. Just sayin'.

But anyway. Today I had my art classes. (8am Calculus was cancelled) They were good, I suppose. This morning was nice, because it just involved chilling out. That's lovely. I've done my homework/reading for tomorrow; I even took notes! MCOM 101 is pretty interesting, judging by the first 12 pages.

As I have to wake up at 7 tomorrow, I will bid you adieu, whether you are tall or short!

;P

1 comments:

KapowKatherine January 12, 2010 at 10:52 PM  

I AM SHORT :)
I hope you have a splendid day tomorrow lovely. :)
& no matter how tall you are, no man can resist getting a piece of the kit kat.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP