Day 24 - January 24, 2010

>> Monday, January 25, 2010

Oh, Callie - I miss you so! - Mama, Let's Dance by Patricia Hermes

There is no specific instruction for today. Simply this: a heartening confirmation that my relationships with others are the most and the best of my earthly experience. And a reminder that the time I share with my family and friends is something to be celebrated and lived to the fullest.

The book always has a quote, a summary, and then the "task." Today I'm going to put in the summary, too, because it explains this better than I could.

"If you had to express the human experience in just six words, the quote above would be as good a choice as any. In this heartfelt cry, we hear the love the good and the bad times, the shared history of two human beings, two earthlings. The experience doesn't end with the exit of one person or pet but rather continues in the heart and outcry of the one left behind. No book, not this one or any other, can duplicate the experience or erase the pain. In crying out, you are being as human as you can be."

That quote is actually slightly depressing, if you think about it. So I'm not going to think about it too hard.

Today was stop number one on our church tour. I plan to write about that in a second blog. The address for that is http://www.ehcchurchsearch.blogspot.com/, if anyone is wondering. Which I know you are not, since I think that most of you have probably stopped reading this blog. Why would you possibly want to read another? I haven't posted anything on it, yet, anyway.

I think that even though we didn't all necessarily like the service as much as we like the ones we're used to, it was definitely a time of love and sharing. Which fits with today.

I try to let my friends know that I love them. Maybe not by saying those exact words, but I try to in some way.

If my roommate is reading, I'd like her to know that I've forgotten what she looks like (as has everyone else, except for the boyfriend), but that I still love her.

My friends Annie and Emma and I are going to all rush together. It's sort of scary. I don't know if we'll all pledge. They say they're not going to; they're just going to rush. But I feel like I would want to pledge if I rushed. Maybe I'll change my mind. Maybe they will. Who knows? I also worry about my blog when I'm rushing/pledging. I wonder if I'll get the chance to do it, because I know how crazy those weeks are, and how little time you have for non-sorority things.

By the way, if you read this still, vote on the poll! No one has, haha.

I think I'll try to sing myself to sleep now (like a crazy person?!), so goodnight! I love you :)

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP