Day 21 - January 21, 2010

>> Friday, January 22, 2010

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

How much does money matter to me? More than cheer and song? Do I have my values in order? Today I'll take stock.

Obviously money matters. Although, I don't have any. But it matters.

Could I marry rich? That would be great.

I know, I know. Money doesn't buy happiness. But having it doesn't mean you're unhappy.

(There's a magic salary that [I think you have to live on your own for this to be true] is apparently the perfect amount to have, somewhere between $40,000 and $50,000 - this is the amount the happiest people have, or something.)

We went to a play today, "All's Well That Ends Well." The Bard, of course. (I don't know why that's an "of course.")

The jester guy said at one point, "No, madam, 'tis not so well that I am poor, though many of the rich are damned."

[James says hi :) ]

He said that and it reminded me of today's page. So I really do think about this book. I read the page for the day in the morning (sometimes the night before and the morning of) and then I spend all day thinking about it.

Since I have to be up quite soon (well, 6ish hours), I will try to go to sleep now.

I think what they really want from this.. is for people to be happy. Don't think about what you don't have, but cherish what you do. Cheer and song should be more important, so cheer and sing!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP