Day 29 - January 29, 2010

>> Sunday, January 31, 2010

And nobody did or said anything to make me feel like I didn't belong. - In the Wild by Sofia Nordin

Do I feel unwelcome somewhere? Well, I have news for them. The universe - you can't get bigger than that! - welcomes me into the Humanhood of Life, the Society of All Creatures. I do belong.

Today I felt like I didn't belong. Even with people where I thought I should.

I'm currently in Tennessee for Divine Rhythm, where I'm on the dance team. It's snowing and the weather is terrible, but it didn't keep us away. I was actually hoping it would, because I didn't really know tonight's dance, so I was worried about that, plus I've got a lot of work I feel I need to do. Actually I can feel my heart beating faster as I write this, getting worried about things again. Okay. So.

We got on the bus and everyone immediately has someone to sit with. So I'm by myself. And everyone's talking to everyone else, except me. So I feel I don't belong.

But then we got here and I met the girls from the dance team. And they were really nice, and the dance actually went well. Everyone said that I did well! And there was worship, and I knew I belonged. Not like a, yeah, I belong to Humanhood, or whatever. But like, everyone's there with each other worshipping together, and we all belong. The bus ride back to the cabin, I talked to the girls.

Now I'm watching a movie with Sophie and Joanna, but I hope to go to bed soon.

I think, you just have to find where you belong. Which is sometimes hard. But it's possible.

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP