Day 8 - January 8, 2010

>> Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hunger is a pretty terrible thing. It's like going around all day with a nail in your shoe. You try to put it out of your mind, but you never really quite forget it. - My Brother Sam Is Dead by James Lincoln Collier and Christopher Collier

Do I have $5 to spare? Today I'll ask my parents how I can donate it to help feed a really hungry person. And - unless it's true - I'll never again say, "I'm starving!"

Today a lot of things happened!

Well. Maybe not a lot. I'm not sure. We'll see as I remember them.

I went to my dad's office during his lunch hour and we practiced parallel parking until my ears fell off. (Why my ears? I don't know. First body part I thought of.) It was not the most fun hour of my life. Then we went to the DMV and sat there for an hour. I took my driving test. I passed my driving test! So I can legally drive a car now. I'd get off the road if I were you. :)

Then we got milkshakes to celebrate, and we went to the movies. My mom, my sister, Amanda, Katherine, Josh, Jessica and I all went to see Leap Year. It was quite cute. Even had a happy ending! But there was definitely a time or two where you were thinking, OH NO, it's not going to work out!! SPOILER: It did. :)

Then the crew went to Denny's for our last night together (excuse me, the Fab Four) where I had the best bacon cheeseburger I've ever had in my entire life. Okay, maybe not my whole life. But it was pretty darn good. I felt bad for not really inviting Amanda, but I felt that it would be the last time the four of us could be all together until .. summer, basically. Except for that one day that our Spring Break overlaps Jessica's. So that's why.

We came back to my house and played the Ungame, which is a game no one ever wins. You just talk and learn things about each other. It was actually more interesting than I expected it to be. Even got heavy sometimes, though I'm sure that's because we were brave and used the serious deck. We handled it though, haha.

Oh, before we went back to my basement, I did my "Today I Will." I had a $5 bill from my change at Denny's, so we went to the CH food pantry and I bobby-pinned it to the sign on the door. I also left a note on the back of a WalMart receipt that said, "Use to feed the hungry, please / <3 a concerned citizen of the world". So I felt that I was feeding the hungry. Hopefully, anyway.

It is imperative that I go to sleep now, since I think I may actually need to wake up on time tomorrow. There is still SO much to do before I leave for another STUPID THREE MONTHS. Okay, maybe if you count, it's really only two, but.. (it seems like three, since it's January, February, March) 55 days until I'll be home again. I HATE that. I hate it a huge huge amount. It's very upsetting.

So good night, and remember to feed the hungry. Remember that your soul can be just as hungry as your body can be. It's important to feed that, too. I'm going to go to bed filling my soul with sweet dreams (falling in love, sugarplums, that sort of thing) and I'll see you tomorrow!

:)

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP