Day 6 - January 6, 2010

>> Thursday, January 7, 2010

"What's up, Louie? Why so sad?" Barney asked. "The kids are laughin' at me." - Regards to the Man in the Moon by Ezra Jack Keats

Sometimes I pretend that I don't sense the feelings of others - but really, I do. I understand that ridicule hurts feelings. I understand that I should treat others as I want to be treated. Bottom line: From this day forward, I am a Mock-Not Zone.

I can't really make that promise. I will probably still make fun of people, whether it is joking with my friends or talking about people I don't know. I can try not to do it as much, or make sure my friends know I'm kidding, but I feel like I'm not nice enough to be a "Mock-Not Zone." I realize that that probably means I suck, but it's just who I am right now.

Today, though, I made it a point not to ridicule. Although, I don't know how much opportunity I had to ridicule. I guess everything could be an opportunity. I do think people noticed, though. I was texting a friend who was somewhat upset, and he said, "your [sic] being nice to me." I guess I'm not usually as nice as I was being? ... I don't know.

Later I IMed a girl who I hadn't talked to in a very long time. We had a falling out, sort of.. I think we were both immature about the whole thing. But I was nice, and even though last year I would never have talked to her about what we talked about, this year, it wasn't even a problem. I feel like in 6 days, I've grown up. I don't even know how.

We were watching Glee tonight, and it was the episode where someone calls the gay boy's father to tell him that his son is a "f****t." Which I won't even type, because I hate that word. My mom was like, "And that's a bad thing?" She meant that it wasn't bad that he was gay, I'm assuming. But it made me angry either way. Because nobody should call anyone that. It's rude and disgusting and makes you sound ignorant and a .. meanie. I wonder how that caller would feel being mocked/ridiculed like that. It made me think of today's task. The whole show did, really. Kids are so mean in that show. I hope that's not really realistic. I know high school wasn't like that for me, where the kids in Glee Club are tortured by the football team and cheerleaders. Maybe it's like that in some places.

Well, since I wasn't awake for much of today, this blog will end here. Have a good night, and be nice!

:)

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP