Day 15 - January 15, 2010

>> Saturday, January 16, 2010

I've always been a dreamer. - My Dream of Martin Luther King by Faith Ringgold

Yes, I will be a doer, a worker, an improver. But to begin with, I will be a dreamer. I will give my dreams a room of their own, where they can romp and play and develop until one of them is ready for action.

It's MLK's birthday today, so that was the inspiration for this quote/task, I'm sure.

I'll start by saying that I'm sure I do have dreams, but I'm not sure I know what they all are. I've obviously got the long term dreams, like finding love and getting married and having lots of beautiful children. That sort of thing. But I don't know what my short term dreams are.

My iPod was on shuffle today and played "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes." I thought it was fitting for today. But it says that a dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep. I know that's not true, because I've had some pretty weird dreams that I would not want to come true.

Lately I've been having really really weird dreams. I remember a lot of them (upon waking; not so much now) and they are so strange. They haven't been good lately, as you might remember from yesterday. I think it was yesterday. Hopefully tonight's will be good.

Another thing I thought fitting for today, "Dreams become a happy release, so have them, and encourage them to be sweet." Brittanye actually retweeted this from Alex from ATL tonight, and it came to my phone randomly.

I thought that was really cute, and fit with the "Today I Will" for tonight.

Today I did something crazy. Something I couldn't even dream about. I have been worried about it. I dreamed of chickening out, and hoped/wished that I wouldn't. And I didn't!

The Outdoor Club did their annual Cold Dip, which I decided to go to. It was like a polar bear swim (I think that's what it's called), and basically, we got into swimsuits and walked into a freezing cold river. There's snow everywhere, ice on the river, and we're going into it. It was CRAZY. All you did was walk in, go under, and come back out. It was such a rush, though. It was really scary, too, though, because when I was trying to get out of the river, I couldn't. I thought I would never make it out, and that I would surely go under again and drown. No one helped me get out, and I fell, scraped my knee on the rocks, and still couldn't get out.

Eventually I did. It was SO cold then. I felt like pins and needles were ALL OVER my body.

It was amazing, though.

Later we went to a concert; a band called Ohio Avenue played at school. They were really good! I enjoyed it. And they stayed after to talk to us, which was really cool. Because not only were they good musicians, but they were just generally really cool guys. It helped that they were cute. But mostly they were just really chill and played a great show for us.

Then we decided to make a McDonald's run at 11:30pm. Which was fantastic. Didn't even realize I was hungry. Probably wasn't. My McFlurry was yummy, though. As were my Apple Dippers.

Now, I'm going to go to sleep, and have fabulous, fantastic, amazing dreams.

Dream on!

:)

2 comments:

Katie January 16, 2010 at 1:25 AM  

It really really bothers me that this post seems to be a different font than the rest of them. I almost want to retype the entire thing.

Anonymous January 18, 2010 at 3:55 AM  

I'm not sure Polar Bear swim things are extremely healthy... and if you get sick, you probably know why! ;-) Hopefully you don't get sick though. Cause if you were gonna you would've gotten already.. so..yeah..okay.
Rambling now. Stopping. Yep.
I'm stopping.
Okay.
Maybe not.
Maybe?

One last comment.

I want Blair and Chuck to be together NAO.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP