Day 39 - February 8, 2010

>> Tuesday, February 9, 2010

While there are many bad things about having a crush, just about the worst of them is the stupid things you will do because of it. - "What's the Worst That Could Happen?" by Bruce Coville

The next crush I have on somebody will probably lead me to do something stupid. So be it. But I won't go totally bananas. I'll apply two controls on my crush behavior:
1. I won't be stupid in a way that hurts someone else.
2. I'll try to learn something from the experience.

The first stipulation makes me think, DON'T STEAL ANYBODY'S MAN. Which is good advice, I think. I usually don't try to steal anybody's man. Don't really think it's good to be the other woman, either.

By the way, yes, I have a crush on someone. Possibly more than one. That's just good sense; gotta have backups. Obviously I care about certain crushes more than others; one in particular that's probably not going to work out.

I couldn't tell you what I'm learning from this situation. I'm learning how much it sucks to be away from somebody. How much it affects my mental state when I hear something that's barely news. Which I've now learned is nothing important.

Today I learned how much I freak out if a guy who normally doesn't talk to me, does. It apparently doesn't happen often enough for me to not freak out. That's what I get for hanging out with girls all the time at school. I miss my boys. :(

I've done two rush dinners that I haven't mentioned yet, so I'll do that now.

Thursday was Rush Dinner #3. Alpha Beta Chi. The theme was "Villians." I went as the Queen of Hearts, mostly because I had a black and red dress, and that's the picture that was on the invitation, so.. I didn't have to do much thinking. Which is always good. The dinner was longer than the others, and I didn't enjoy it very much. I'm sure some people did, but I could tell I didn't fit with the sisters.

Yesterday was Rush Dinner #4. Pi Sigma Kappa. The theme was Sports. I went as a football fan. A soccer fan, I guess. I'm thinking in European, because the jersey is Schweinsteiger from Germany. So he plays soccer to most of us here in America. Jeez, I sound like a foreigner. Okay. Anyway. It was SO much fun. There was dancing. The girls are awesome, and really nice. I think we all had a really good time.

So ... back on the topic for today? Crushes are accurately named. That's all I think I need to say at the moment. I'm crushed by .. my stupidity. Yeah. That pretty much sums it up.

On that note, it's time for bed. Don't do anything stupid over somebody, guys.

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP