Day 42 - February 11, 2010

>> Thursday, February 11, 2010

Do you seriously believe anything worthwhile can be had merely for the wishing? - The Wizard in the Tree by Lloyd Alexander

Sure, I wish for stuff. Who doesn't? But do I spend too much time on stars and birthday candles? Too much time waiting for a genie to come along? Am I letting my wishes fall abandoned into the black hole of the future - or am I backing them up with action?

I will admit that I did make a wish at 11:11. Twenty minutes ago, even. I can't act on it because I'm wishing for a decision that has already been made. I'll let you know how it goes. Because 12 hours from now, I'll know if I am a new sister or just the same girl. We're hoping for the former.

I do think that when I wish for things, they are usually things I can't do anything about. I don't wish for things I can make happen. So this is a bit flawed, in my opinion.

I really have to do some work before I can go to sleep, which hopefully happens soon. So wish for me, if you can. :)

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP