Day 44 - February 13, 2010

>> Saturday, February 13, 2010

And from then on, both Kelly and Max worked hard to make their school a better place. - Max for President by Jarrett J. Krosoczka

Hey, it's my school. Repeat: my school. So I'll talk to a few friends today and see if we can come up with an idea or two to improve the place.

First of all, I'd just like to say: Hello my beautiful stalkers of Delta Omicron Pi!

I mean, sisters. :)

So about this improving my school. I don't need to. It's perfect. Because my life is now perfect with all these beautiful Delta Pis (and sexy Theta Chis) in it.

My friends can tell, I can tell. They are clearly the family for me.

Yesterday was amazing. I ran up that hill and it was like.. I can't even describe it. I was freaking out before I left the dorm with Annie and Ali. And then I got up there and I didn't need to freak out anymore. They were all there to love me and hug me and be there with me.

They kept saying they were glad I came their way. I kept thinking that was really sweet, but completely ridiculous, because there was no other way to go. It was always Delta Pi, all the way. Maybe they just didn't know that, but it was. They were the first dinner; I didn't need to go to any others.

And I didn't say much about it, because I didn't want to jinx it or anything. I actually got my white shirt Thursday night, and I was scared to get it because I didn't want to not have a Delta Pi bid and then be depressed about my sudden abundance of white shirts.

But at the rush dinner, I remember thinking... Well, first of all. I was about to cry half the time, so I thought they would think I was crazy. I was sure they didn't like me enough to give me a bid, or that I wasn't amazing enough, as amazing as the sisters are. I definitely went back and forth all week between optimism and pessimism. But I still wanted it really badly.

And so Friday after classes, I went with my friends to the mailboxes. I was totally afraid to even open it, but I did, and I pulled out a piece of folded paper... And I saw the back first, which said "Faith Hope Love," and definitely stopped breathing because OHMYGOSH that's a Delta Pi thing! I couldn't even talk so I just hugged Annie. Then I went over to Sarah, who was checking her mailbox, and told her, and we both jumped around like crazy people, SO EXCITED. I legitimately almost cried. Which, I do all the time, obviously. But still.

I think Friday was the best day ever. EVER. In the history of days.

So I need to go to bed. But I don't need to change anything about my school. Because now it's perfect.

3 comments:

Kaylee February 14, 2010 at 5:53 PM  

<3 you beautiful new sister!

ABC February 21, 2010 at 7:41 PM  

I realize we've never met, but I'm an old sister (graduated in 2008, pledged Spring 2005) and I love you already because you are a girl after my own heart! I read your entries and relive when I received my bid--just the same!

So glad you're a sister, and I hope I get to meet you soon!

Katie February 22, 2010 at 12:53 AM  

Ashley,

I'm glad to be a sister!

Do you know what's funny? I looked at your profile and - I've read YOUR blog before! Your picture looked familiar and then I looked at your blog, and I thought, I've been here before! I think I probably got it from Divine Rhythm, somehow..? But I remember thinking that it was super cute. And you're my sister!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP