Day 55 - February 24, 2010

>> Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Grandpa loves bare feet and bagels. Coffee with cream. Flipping the pancakes and mornings with me. - Grandpa Loves by Rebecca Kai Dotlich

My grandparents like to do things with me, go places with me. How long has it been since I told them I like it, too? If it's been longer than yesterday - or never - I'll say it real soon.

It would be cool if my grandparents didn't live 16 hours away. My mother would be quite happy. However, they do. So we don't do things as much as some grandparents/granddaughters do. Such is life.

When we do get to see them, though.. I like taking Grandpa out to breakfast and playing King's Corners ad Tripoley with Grandma. I like pretending to love Grandpa's turkey soup and Grandma's macaroni and cheese. I like the ridiculous rule that says I cannot sit on the bedspreads. I like how even though Grandpa forgets some things, he never forgets that he loves his granddaughters (and grandsons, and children, etc.). I like being able to tell that they still love each other so much after 60+ years together. I like to look at old pictures so I can see how beautiful she was, and how handsome he was.

Call your grandparents. Night!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP