Day 49 - February 18, 2010

>> Friday, February 19, 2010

It gave him an extra heartbeat to ... understand that grace is given. - What Hearts by Bruce Brooks

Grace. There's only one way to get it: It must be given to you. You may think you don't deserve it, but if you get it, cherish it.

Will grace come my way today? Will I even know it if it happens? If so, I will be grateful, as I would be for any gift. And looking at this from the other direction - is there someone whose life might become a little better with a tiny blessing from me?

It's funny that today's page said, "You may think you don't deserve it, but if you get it, cherish it." That's how I felt when I opened my mailbox. I was ecstatic, of course. But I wondered how it happened. I didn't really understand how I was special enough to get a bid, and I probably have thought at some points that I didn't deserve it. I am extremely grateful that I did, and that someone thinks I deserve it. Probably more than just one someone. :)

Delta Omicron Pi is the grace I received today, and this week, and for the rest of my life. I am so excited to share the grace with my new sisters.

Tomorrow is the last day of pledge week! We've almost made it! Lindley and I just made the very first ΔΟΠ shirts (sweatshirts, actually) that our ours and that we did all by ourselves (together, of course :)). I've got "Wagon Wheel" on, and I'm singing and happy, with crafting stuff literally all over my floor.

I'm going to try and sleep for a few hours before breakfast tomorrow. Spread the grace, and I'll see you in the morning, wearing my new letters!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP